Join Lance Chang at the St. Louis PMI chapter presentation on Scaling Up with Agile. Lance will provide an understanding of how the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® scales agility from Agile Teamsto Agile Programs to Agile Program Portfolio Management, and Agile Architecture.
Agile scrum is well known as the go-to team agile practice and works well for small teams and organizations. The SAFe Agile Framework takes agility to the organizational level, the program and portfolio level. Implementing Agile practices for small teams has been very successful while expanding those concepts to the organizational level has remained very challenging.
Challenges being experienced win working with large teams at an organizational level include:
- Breaking down silos/departments in large organizations
- Implementing changes in enterprise architecture
- Coordination and release timing of enterprise level cross product initiatives
- Focus on highest business value features for program portfolio, instead of for a project
- Communication and facilitation of organizational goals and objectives
- Elimination of waste and cycle time reductions for the whole value chain
- ..and more
In this session Lance Chang will provide an introduction on ‘Why Agile?’ and then review the concepts around Scale Up (at the Project level, Program level and Portfolio level)
Lance Chang has over 20 years’ experience in the IT industry in software development, with an emphasis on security and project management. During that time, he has acquired knowledge of system analysis and design, business process definition, development of technical solutions, and project management. Most recently he has been leading the adoption of Agile team practices for a global travel company through training, coaching, and mentoring.
He has over 10 years of management experience and multiple certifications in project, program, and portfolio process management in both waterfall and agile environments including:
- PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PMI Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
- Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SPC)
Lance has BS degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering from Washington University, an MBA from SIU-E, and is currently preparing his dissertation for a Dr. of Management degree at Webster University.
- Lunch: 11:20 – 11:40
- Announcements: 11:40 – 11:45 a.m.
- Main Presentation: 11:45 – 12:45 p.m.
- Event End Time: 12:45 p.m.