The Splunk Performance Engineer is responsible for solution implementation, management, administration and level 3 product support for our client.
If you would like to submit your resume, please do so by emailing: email@example.com
Extensive experience in implementing and administering Splunk within a complex heterogeneous environment, supporting all roles from product management to operations support and all other layers within the SDLC or ITSM framework. Needs to be able to translate abstract requirements for PCI/Security, service/product/client management, data management, event management, user/role management and policy/workflow management into creative robust functional solutions. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Candidate must have a solid background in 4th generation languages like perl, python, unix shell and windows batch/CMD. A qualifying candidate must also have extensive knowledge using regular expressions. Experience using VB and PowerShell scripting also a plus. The Ideal candidate will have strong understanding of Application Performance Management (APM) solutions and applied use of analytical methodologies. Specific experience with CA Introscope or CA APM a plus. Additionally, experience with CEM products like IBM TeaLeaf or other analytics based solutions also a plus.
- 3+ years of current experience in big data analytics, data warehousing and/or business intelligence domains
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Splunk architecture
- Ability to troubleshoot core Splunk platform and infrastructure components
- Ability to perform complete Splunk environment installs, filter data, and manage indexes
- Experience creating, and maintaining Splunk applications
- Experience writing documentation, procedures and best practices in technical environments
- Advanced knowledge of using regular expression and Perl scripting
- Experience and understanding of virtualized servers and SAN storage
- Experience working with industry standard authentication and permissions models
- Experience working with REST APIs, and web development a plus
- Moderate knowledge of networking protocols, OSI stack, and basic network troubleshooting
- Experience with Unix, Windows, VMWare, AWS environments, as well as be comfortable with command line interfaces
- A working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- The ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the business objectives
- Self-motivated and self-educating, with a sense of professional commitment to deliver quality services with a sense of urgency.
- Experience working in large and complex enterprise environments, with a working knowledge of enterprise business applications
- Strong communication skillsregarding active listening, probing, change management and getting results through influencing
- System Design: Knowledge of system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into an application system or process to meet the clients’ needs that also meets all relevant Company standards.
- Technology Architecting: Ability to holistically conceptualize and model the use of technologies across a broad set of business applications to translate business strategies and requirements into technical strategies, and to apply the architecture models to create achievable system designs for business solutions.
- Application Development Methodology: Ability to apply the standard TCCC application development methods covering the full development lifecycle (e.g., project preparation, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support) to ensure solution quality and consistency of process.
- Functionality Testing: Knowledge of and ability to use testing methodologies, processes and tools for testing of functionality, including unit, integration, system, regression and dry run testing.
- Project Management: Ability to use appropriate tools and techniques to plan secure resources for manage assist and ensure the progress and ultimate completion of designated projects; effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Security Administration: Platform and Application: Knowledge of principles, relevance, tools and procedures of security administration.