If you would like to submit your resume, please do so by emailing: email@example.com
We are looking for a seasoned DevOps Development resource. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively within an application development team to deploy application software that meets both Business functional and IT operational needs. Primary responsibilities will be to assure that the needs of the operational environment and processes are considered in the application design and deployment; build and maintain deployment tools and processes; support a secure environment through implementing best practices; application performance monitoring and operations; and continuously troubleshoot and resolve issues in the dev, test, and production environments.
The ideal candidate would have an extensive background in application development utilizing the technologies identified below and a broad background in the IT Network and Security tools identified below.
A successful candidate will have a solid knowledge of working collaboratively with software engineering (.net/java) to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. Knowledgeable in technologies to include Jenkins, SQL, OS scripting languages, ESB operations and web services (SOAP/REST).
- Experience in supporting large development teams and organization requiring continuous software deployment strategies.
- Experience in documenting, designing, and improving application deployment and configuration processes.
- The ability to understand component interactions across technology boundaries and decomposing complex performance problems into their constituent parts.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. This individual will work closely with and mentor application development and production support teams providing guidance as a subject matter expert in configuring and deploying software to meet business demands.
- 7+ years’ experience in application development and deployment environments
- Experience working in large and complex enterprise environments, with a working knowledge of enterprise business applications
- Experience writing documentation and procedures and knowledge of best practices in technical environments
- Experience and understanding of virtualized servers and SAN storage
- Experience working with REST APIs, and web development
- Knowledge of networking protocols, OSI stack, and basic network troubleshooting
- Experience with Unix, Windows, VMWare, AWS environments, and be comfortable with command line interfaces
- The ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the business objectives
- Self-motivated and self-educating, with a sense of professional commitment to deliver quality services with a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication skills regarding active listening, probing, change management and getting results through influencing
Ideal DevOps and Security tools Experience
- Jenkins and Ansible Tower, Chef Automate or Puppet CM
- Keycloak, PingIdentity/PingFederate, or Oauth