If you would like to submit your resume, please do so by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a seasoned application performance engineer with experience in the areas of performance analysis (browser/mobile, application, and database), performance optimization, and capacity planning to support our client’s Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) team. The ESM team is responsible for implementing creative solutions that identify Performance, Reliability, and Scalability (PRS) issues from internally developed applications. This requires upstream participation with development and project stakeholders to profile application performance and develop creative solutions for capturing, categorizing, and alerting application performance issues.
- 3+ years Splunk development experience
- Experience with Splunk architecture and administration a plus
- Experience monitoring using CA Introscope
- Ability to perform Splunk data filtering and manage indexes
- Experience creating, and maintaining Splunk applications
- Experience writing documentation, procedures and best practices in technical environments
- Experience and understanding of virtualized servers and SAN storage
- Experience working with industry standard authentication and permissions models
- Experience working with REST APIs, and web development
- Moderate knowledge of networking protocols, OSI stack, and basic network troubleshooting
- Experience with Unix, Windows, VMWare, AWS environments, as well as be comfortable with command line interfaces
- A working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- The ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the business objectives
- Self-motivated and self-educating, with a sense of professional commitment to deliver quality services with a sense of urgency.
- Experience working in large and complex enterprise environments, with a working knowledge of enterprise business applications
- Strong communication skillsregarding active listening, probing, change management and getting results through influencing
- System Design: Knowledge of system design procedures and the ability to translate functional business requirements into an application system or process to meet the clients’ needs that also meets all relevant Company standards.
- Technology Architecting: Ability to holistically conceptualize and model the use of technologies across a broad set of business applications to translate business strategies and requirements into technical strategies, and to apply the architecture models to create achievable system designs for business solutions.
- Application Development Methodology: Ability to apply the standard TCCC application development methods covering the full development lifecycle (e.g., project preparation, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support) to ensure solution quality and consistency of process.
- Functionality Testing: Knowledge of and ability to use testing methodologies, processes and tools for testing of functionality, including unit, integration, system, regression and dry run testing.
- Project Management: Ability to use appropriate tools and techniques to plan secure resources for manage assist and ensure the progress and ultimate completion of designated projects; effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Security Administration: Platform and Application: Knowledge of principles, relevance, tools and procedures of security administration.